Monday, March 9, 2015

Pasta Fagioli Soup

I saw this on Facebook not long ago and I tried it out one evening with my family. It turned out really well and my kids loved it. That is always a score when the kids like it.

Here is what you will need:
1 lbs ground beef
1 onion chopped
3 carrots chopped
4 stalks celery chopped
1 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans drained
1 can white kidney beans drained
2 cans beef stock
3 tsp oregano
1 tsp pepper (You can do 2 tsp pepper if you like it spicy)
5 tsp parsley
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 20 oz can spaghetti sauce
8 oz pasta

Directions:
Brown beef in pot
Drain fat and add everything except pasta
Simmer on low for 1 hour
Add pasta 15 minutes before serving

Serve with green salad and garlic bread. I like to sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top as a garnish. Enjoy!


No comments: