Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Crispy Cheddar Chicken

I tried this recipe on my family not long ago and they really enjoyed it. I will use it in the future for a quick dinner when I'm unprepared and have hungry children. The prep work is pretty minimal and so it comes together quick. I found the recipe on justapinch.com. I hope you enjoy it.

1/2 c milk
3 C grated cheddar cheese
2 tubes ritz crackers, smashed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried parsley
4 chicken breast quartered

Place milk, cheese, and crackers in separate dipping bowls. Add salt, pepper, and parsley to crackers. Dip chicken in milk, then cheese (pressing cheese into chicken to help it hold), and finally crackers. Place in 9X13 pan.

Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove cover and let bake an additional 15 minutes.

Sauce for over the top:
1 can cream if chicken
2 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tbsp butter
I like to add 1 Tbsp lemon juice for a little kick.

Combine all ingredients and warm on medium heat until heated through.

No comments: