Sunday, March 29, 2015

Avocado and Hummus Quesadilla


I was searching for a new recipe that was healthy yet tasty. I know sometimes that can be a challenge. I found this recipe on cookincanuck.com. I was instantly hooked because it has 2 of my favorite things, hummus and avocado. I also loved it because it is simple and fast. Perfect for those nights when you are running behind and need something quick for dinner. After making them I am happy to report that my whole family loved them! It has quickly become a top favorite in our house. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!

Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Tortillas
1/4 cup hummus
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
Avocado cut into slices
Grated Monterey Jack Cheese

Directions
1-In a small bowl stir together the hummus, cumin, and cilantro.
2- In a large skillet lightly brown the tortillas.
2-Spread the hummus mixture over half of the tortilla. Add on Avocado and cheese. Heat in the skillet until the cheese is melted and serve!

 



 

No comments: