Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Parmesan Breadsticks


I reluctantly share this recipe because my friends will all think I am a fraud. Every time I make these I get rave reviews and I am hailed an amazing cook. I feel guilty because they are so easy that it is embarrassing. I feel like I am lifting the magic curtain and there are no fancy tricks to show. Anyway.... if you really want to wow an audience by adding breadsticks to a soup or pasta, try these! I promise you will not be disappointed. Olive Garden doesn't have anything on these babies!

All you will need is
12-24 frozen roll dough (I used Rhoades dough)
1 stick of butter
About 1/2 bottle of powdered parmesan cheese

Take the dough out and let thaw until pliable enough to roll
Roll into sticks and set aside

Melt butter and place in dipping bowl
Pour parmesan cheese in dipping bowl

Take your breadsticks and dip them in butter and then parmesan cheese.
(If you are a garlic fan you can sprinkle some garlic salt on them at this point as well.)

Lay them a few inches apart on a baking sheet.

(Here is the key to making them the best breadsticks so pay attention)
Let them raise for at least an hour. You don't want to rush this. They will double in size.





Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes until golden brown.





1 comment:

J. Hancock said...

I'm a witness: When made properly, these little bites have the consistency of a warm summer cloud, fluffier and softer than a marshmallow, but topped with a light, thin curst of melted parmesan.