Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sweet and Sour Chicken

My family loves this meal. I found a recipe while we lived in California and changed it up to what we like. I was going for a dish close to the sweet and sour chicken at PF Changs. It is not exact but it is close enough. I hope you guys love it.

Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in bottom of pan. Saute chicken in pan until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.

In a separate bowl combine:
1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp dehydrated onion
1 can pineapple tidbits drained (save the juice in a cup for later)

Pour into pan you cooked the chicken in. Turn to medium heat.
Slice chicken into slices or cubes.

Add chicken to mixture on stove. It should look like this all together.

Let this simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes. While this is simmering get your rice cooking.
If you need it to simmer for a little longer while your rice is cooking, no big deal. If you think it is getting a little thick you can add some of the pineapple juice to loosen it up a bit. It adds a little sweetness too which I like. And the final product should look something like this:

I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.
Andrea

No comments: