Wednesday, January 28, 2015

$100 Sugar Cookies

This recipe comes because I was feeling very nostalgic a few weekends ago. I lived in Saratoga Springs for about 7 years and absolutely loved it. My ward would do a bake auction every year to earn money for the Young Women. It was one of my favorite ward activities of the year. A few desserts became famous at the auction and would always fetch a very high bid. These cookies were at the top of that list. My dear friend Ramey would make them and they would always go for about $100 a plate! I am not kidding. I am hoping that my Saratoga friends will vouch for me. I am not joking. They are that good. The recipe was printed in a ward cookbook a few years back and I love to pull it out once in a while. Do yourself a favor and try these. I am sure they will take on the the nick-name that my family has adopted: the $100 cookies. Enjoy!

Sugar Cookies:
1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C sour cream
3 1/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients together. Roll out to 1/4" thick. Use your favorite cookie cutter. Place on baking sheet. Bake @ 350 for 9 minutes.

Fresh strawberry frosting:
1 C softened butter
1 C chopped fresh strawberries
2 lbs powdered sugar
1/4 tsp almond extract (opt)

Mix all ingredients. Spread on top of sugar cookies.

No comments: