Thursday, March 20, 2014

Taco soup

This is a recipe for taco soup that my friend gave me a couple of years ago. I know that mom's taco soup is awesome but I like to try different things and this one is really good.

Taco Soup:
1 lb hamburger
1 chopped onion
Brown together

Add: 2 cans tomato soup
1 can kidney  beans
1 can garbanzo beans (can do 2 can kidney beans if you don't like garbanzo beans)
1 can corn
1 can creamed corn (mom- I know you don't like creamed corn. You can do 2 cans of regular corn. I have tried it both ways and I like the creamed corn because it adds a sweetness to the soup. Just try it once for me.)
1 can sliced olives
1 jar (pint) mild taco sauce
3 tsp. chile powder
1 qt. V8 juice (you don't have to add all of this. Just until it is the consistency you like. If you don't have V8 that's ok. Just use equal parts tomato sauce and water.)
Simmer for about 45 minutes

Top with crushed fritos, monterey jack cheese, and sour cream. Super good!


No comments: