Thursday, March 26, 2015

Baked Zucchini Fries

 
 

 Last year my parents had an abundance of zucchini in their garden. Everytime I would go pick veggies I would always leave with 2 huge zucchinis that we could never eat before they went bad. So I went in search of some different ways to use zucchini and I found this recipe for Zucchini Fries and now we eat zucchini all year long. I found this recipe on http://damndelicious.net/2014/06/21/baked-parmesan-zucchini/ and the first time I made them Ayden went nuts and ate all of them. He does the same thing everytime I make them so I know they are still a huge hit. Here is what you need:

  • 2 medium zucchini quartered lengthwise
  • 1/4 C breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 eggs
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425. Combine all your dry ingredients in one bowl and then your whisk your eggs in a seperate. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Quarter your zucchini and start the assembly line. Dip the zucchini in the egg wash and then cover in the bread crumb mixture, place on the cookie sheet. Repeat until all your zucchini have been coated. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve with or without your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!  -Heather







No comments: