Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Lemon Chicken

This lemon chicken will remind you of a sweet chinese dish. My kids love the chicken because they think they are chicken nuggets. Let me know what you think.

Chicken:
2 chicken breasts cut in cubes
1 egg
1/2 c milk
3/4 c cornstarch

Combine milk and egg in a bowl. Put cornstarch in separate bowl. Dip chicken in milk and then starch. Fry in oil for about 7-8 minutes.

Lemon sauce:
1/3 c sugar
1/4 c vinegar
1/2 c chicken broth
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp lemon extract
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 cup water

Boil together sugar, vinegar, and chicken broth. Add lemon extract and lemon juice. Combine water and starch in a cup. Mix together and add to sauce. Simmer until it thickens and turns clear.

Put a few pieces of chicken on a bed of rice and drizzle lemon sauce over all. Sorry I don't have a picture. I forgot to take one. Let me know what you think.


No comments: