Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Zucchini Muffins


When it comes to muffins there is one that stands above the rest. I know when you hear zucchini and muffin together you might question what that tastes like, but trust me it is divine! It is cinnamon, sugar, and zucchini at its finest. The streusel on top is the best part! My grandmother has made these muffins for as long as I can remember. She is one of the best cooks/bakers I know. The best days were the ones she would come over and surprise us with these muffins! I now get to make them for my kids and they always get excited when they see me making them. My Grandma Sally was kind enough to let us share her fantastic recipe with all of you. Thank you Grandma! I hope you and your family enjoy these as much as I do.

Ingredients:
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 Tablespoons vanilla
2 cups peeled grated zucchini
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
Streusel:
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Margarine
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon


Directions:
Mix together in mixer the Oil, Sugar, Vanilla and Eggs(add the eggs one at a time)
Stir in the grated Zucchini.
In a separate bowl sift together the Flour, Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Salt.
Add the second mixture to the first mixture. Mix gently until mixture is just moist.
Fill cupcake cups 3/4 full.
In separate bowl make the streusel topping. Mix all ingredients together until crumbly. DO NOT MELT THE MARGARINE. The Margarine should be soft and at room temp. It is what will make it crumbly.
Sprinkle Streusel on top of muffins and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 mins.

First mixture
 
 
Second Mixture
 
Streusel
 
 
 


1 comment:

Grandma Sally said...

I'm honored that you would include these muffins in your blog. They even work with frozen shredded zucchini that I put in the freezer when I have an abundance of zucchini in the summer. Grandma Sally