Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos

I am always looking for ways to get my 4 year old to eat. I have found that he likes foods that are fun and easy to eat. The only problem is that most finger foods that fit this description are usually not that healthy. While I was looking for some fun new recipes to mix it up I came across this one from www.lovelylittlekitchen.com. This is such a great site if you are looking for some healthy recipes. These taquitos are delicious, and yes my 4 year old loved them! I am sure you and your family will too!
-Heather
Ingredients:
3 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/3 cup of honey
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups shredded cheese
Soft taco sized flour tortillas
Cooking spray
Cilantro Lime Cream:
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup green taco sauce(mild)
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Directions:
1-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2-In a large bowl combine chicken, lime juice, honey, chili powder, and garlic. Mix to coat.
3-Divide chicken evenly on the center of each tortilla. Top each one with cheese.
4-Roll each tortilla lightly leaving the ends open, Place them on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray or olive oil.
5-Spray the tops of the taquitos and sprinkle with salt.
6-Bake for 10 mins then serve with the Cilantro Cream.
Cilantro Lime Cream
1-In a food processor or blender combine all ingredients and pulse until smooth.




No comments: