Thursday, February 12, 2015

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

I got my mail the other day and while browsing through the grocery store ad I saw this:

 I wanted to die. $8 for 6 strawberries!!!! Are you kidding me??? I have debated even putting this post on here because I feel silly. It is something so easy that it is hard to even call it a recipe. But when I saw this ad I knew I had to do it. I can't let anyone pay over a dollar for each strawberry when you can make them yourself. I love to do this because the kids can have some and there are still plenty for Jake and I to share. It is SO easy and fast. Really. I promise. Anyone can do it. Anyone.

Here's what you need:
Strawberries
Chocolate chips (I prefer Guittard for the smoother finish)
White Chocolate chips (optional)

And that's it.

Wash the strawberries and dry them well. You don't want them wet at all when you dip them.

Place milk chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds at a time. Stir in between. Continue until smooth.

Dip your strawberries in chocolate and place on wax paper. Let set. Don't put them in the freezer because your strawberries can turn mushy and your chocolate might get white spots on it if left too long. They will set up on your counter just fine. You can refrigerate them if you are on a hurry.

Place 1/4 cup white chocolate in a ziploc bag. Remove all air and seal. Melt in microwave for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.
Snip of a very tiny corner at the bottom of the bag. I mean tiny. You want your chocolate stream to be small.

Drizzle over strawberries. It is ok to be messy. Once the are set and you move them to a serving plate the additional white chocolate pops right off.

Enjoy. I hope you and your sweetheart can enjoy a romantic evening this Saturday with these beautiful strawberries close by.

No comments: