Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Cherry O'Lets

Some recipes are so ingrained into memories that you would swear your mom was the only one who knew how to make that particular food. This is definitely one of those recipes for me. My mom made them hundreds of times for catering events and family parties. The recipe was always sought after but she held this one close to the chest. My dear childhood friend asked for this recipe a while ago so I rummaged through my recipe box and found it in the deep dark corner collecting dust. I regret that I hadn't made them in so long! Thank you, Kari, for reminding me what an awesome little treat these are. I sincerely hope you love them like we do. They would be perfect for a Valentine dinner. Enjoy!

P.S. Like I mentioned before this recipe is being posted due to my friend's request. We love requests. We also love to hear which recipes you tried and how they turned out. Don't be afraid to leave a comment letting us know. We love to please!

Cherry O'Lets
Top and bottom layer:
12 ounces milk chocolate chips
3/4 cups peanut butter
12 ounces salted peanuts chopped

Middle layer:
1 can cherry frosting
18 large marshmellows

Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter over medium heat. When melted and smooth add chopped peanuts.

Pour 1/2 chocolate mixture in bottom of prepared 9X13 pan. Place in refrigerator.

Melt marshmellows in double boiler. Add frosting and blend well. Spread on cooled chocolate. Chill for 10 minutes in refrigerator. 

Top with remaining chocolate mixture. Place in freezer. Cut and serve while frozen.

No comments: