Thursday, December 18, 2014

Top 5 Christmas Cookies

The holidays always scream one thing for me. BAKING!!! From cookie exchanges to neighbor gifts it seems like I spend most of December in my kitchen. I often find myself torn about which cookie I am going to take to the next party. I have put together a list of the top 5 cookies that I love to make in December to help our those of you that are still searching for that perfect little plate of cookies to hand out to your loved ones. Happy Baking!

1- Hershey Cool Whip Truffles- I cannot tell you how popular these are! Everytime I bring them to an event they are one of the first things gone. The only trick is about these cookies is they are best served frozen. Take them to a party that they will be served quickly or ask the host to place them in the freezer when you get there. Click for the recipe here.


2- Lofthouse Sugar Cookies- I know that it is easy to go out and buy sugar cookies at the store but there is something so rewarding about creating them yourself. These are FANTASTIC for any cookie exchange. People will beg you for the recipe. The secret to these is they have sour cream in them which keeps them soft. Click for the recipe here.



3- Scotcheroos- These are commonly done with rice krispies and cut into bars. My Aunt Julie would make these as individual cookies with Chex cereal and I fell in love with them. Lovers of butterscotch with enjoy these. They are a fun cookie with a little bit of class above the bars. Click for the recipe here.

4- Shortbread Cookie- Here is a shoutout to my Grandma. She makes them every year for Christmas and I anxiously await parties at her house because I know that these cookies will be waiting for me. You can leave them plain or you can drizzle chocolate on them to dress them up. My grandma makes large batches of them and stores them in a cool place. They store wonderfully and are awesome to grab for a last minute treat to give to friends. So cute wrapped in a cellophane bag with a bow. Click here for the recipe.

5- Rice Krispy Roll- I got this recipe from Amysfinerthings.com. I love these because they are so good and so easy. I also always have the ingredients on hand so this is a go-to recipe in a pinch. I love to make these when Jake comes home and tells me that we will have company in an hour. ( He loves to do this to me.) I always like to have a little something when people come over. This is a great cookie for any occasion. Click here for the recipe.

No comments: