Monday, December 1, 2014

Spinach Berry Salad


 
 
At work every year around this wonderful holiday season we have a competition. This time of year is when people will gain between 5-10 pounds because of all the Christmas Parties and gatherings. The competition is to see who can stay the same weight or who can even lose weight during this holiday season. One morning I was looking in the fridge trying to think of something I could take for lunch that wasn't a sandwich and would be a healthy option. I had spinach, turkey, blueberries, raspberries, pomegranate, and avocado. I had also gone to the store the night before and found this dressing that inspired me to put all of these items together. When I put it all together and drizzled my dressing over the top I was excited to take a bite. It was so bright and colorful! I'm not a big berry fan in my salads but this salad change my mind forever. Having all the different berries with the creamy avocado was an excellent choice. The vinaigrette pulled it all together.
 
Here is what you need:
Spinach
Blueberries
Raspberries
Pomegranate
Avocado
Turkey
Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette (Smith's Private Selection)
 

You don't need a lot of the vinaigrette, a little goes a long ways. Pile everything together and drizzle you the Raspberry Vinaigrette and enjoy a healthy lunch! Happy Holidays!
 

 

No comments: