Sunday, December 7, 2014

Holiday Hot Fudge

Every year for Christmas Eve my mom makes a special dessert. I look forward to it the entire month of December. I try to take it easy during the large meal so I will have room to enjoy this little luxury. It is warm brownies with peppermint ice cream topped with home made hot fudge. It is delicious. I hope you try it and maybe create a little tradition of your own.

1/2 C butter
6 oz chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate but use whatever you like best)
2 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 can evaporated milk (not condensed!)
1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter in medium sauce pan. Add chocolate chips. Melt together and stir well.
Add powdered sugar. Stir. Mixture will be thick.
Add evaporated milk and stir until smooth.
Boil for 2 minutes. Add vanilla and stir.
Serve warm.

No comments: