Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Skinny Peanut Butter Banana Muffins




I found this baking blog, Sally's Baking Addiction a while back and I fell in love with everything that she does. Everything she post on her blog makes my mouth water and then I have to try and recreate it myself. Recently I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Muffins http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/09/18/skinny-peanut-butter-banana-muffins/ and I absolutely love peanut butter so I had to try it. Ayden and I spent Saturday morning baking and I am so glad we did. These muffins are a little taste in peanut butter heaven, plus they have a healthy side to them as well. Can't get much better than that. Here is what you will need.

  • 2 Ripe Large Bananas, mashed with no chunks
  • 1/4 C Honey
  • 1/4 C Dark Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 C 0% Plain Greek Yogurt (I use Vanilla)
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1/3 C Unsweetened Almond Milk (you can use regular cows milk)
  • 1/2 C Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 2 Tsp Vanilla
  • 1 3/4 C White Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
  • 1 Tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 Tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 Tsp Salt
Optional:
  • 1/3 C Mini Chocolate Chips
  • 1/4 C Creamy Peanut Butter, Melted (for the topping)

In a medium bowl whisk mashed bananas, honey, brown sugar, yogurt, egg, and milk together until combined. Whisk in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth and thick.

In a separate large bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips (if using). Pour the wet ingredients and lightly whisk until combined. Try not to over stir the muffin batter or your muffins will have a tough texture. Stir until you have no flour pockets.



Fill the muffin cups practically all the way to the top.



Bake for 5 mins at 425 degrees. Keeping muffins in the oven, reduce the over temperature to 350 and continue to bake for another 12 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. While warm drizzle muffins with the melted peanut butter.



If you love peanut butter like I do you will love these muffins. Give them a try!
 

No comments: