Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Berry Almond Salad

It is summer time and I am craving all the fresh produce! Jake was talking about the Berry Almond salad from Zupas the other day and it started me thinking. I don't live by a Zupas anymore. We recently moved and I don't live around many restaurants at all. I have learned to get a bit creative. The next day at lunch time I started pulling things out of the fridge. I threw it all together and this is what I came up with. I looked up a simple poppy seed dressing online and was fortunate enough to have all the ingredients to make it. You can always just buy poppy seed dressing and have it on hand in your fridge. Don't stress if you don't have all the exact berries. This can go so many ways and still be amazing. Here are some suggestions that would work:
Romaine lettuce
Spinach
Chopped apples
Dried cranberries
Sliced strawberries
Raspberries
Blueberries
Blackberries
Almonds
Walnuts (candied are the best)
Pine nuts

Here is the recipe I found online that was delicious.
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 tbs + 2 tsp White Wine Vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp poppyseeds
  • 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
  • dash of salt and pepper
  • Combine and whisk well.
  • I found this on Ilovenaptime.com
ENJOY!!!


No comments: